What a whirlwind of a year 2016 has been. We started out this year as a couple and ended a family of three and we couldn't be happier. Here's a 16 things I've learnt over the past twelve months.
1. Pregnancy is one of the most incredible, yet exhausting things a woman can experience.
2. New York is amazing, but I imagine would be even more so when you're not suffering from morning sickness and loss of appetite.
3. Babies will come along when they're ready, even if that's four weeks early and you haven't packed your hospital bag.
4. My body can cope with far more pain and stress than you would every imagine.
5. I would do the whole 32 hours of labour and emergency c-section 1000 times over for my baby girl.
6. Adrenaline can get you through five days on pretty much zero sleep. And somehow continue to get you through the sleepless nights of a newborn.
7. Babies can wee, poo and be sick all at the same time.
8. Some days my hair is 95% dry shampoo and that's okay.
9. Sleep regression is the worst.
10. Being a mama has made me a more confident person. I will happily go to a baby class alone in the hope that some mama will talk to me.
11. Making friends has been easier than I thought. Babies are an excellent subject to discuss, especially if they're all around the same age.
12. Parenting is a constant battle of getting things right but also getting things wrong. You learn so much about each other every single day.
13. My little peanut is one tough cookie. Despite being premature, she's coming along leaps and bounds.
14. Having a baby has brought the hubby and I closer and watching him be a daddy makes me so happy.
15. I have learnt to love someone unconditionally. There is no love like the love you have for your child.
16. Being a mama is the first time in my life, that I know I'm doing something right. I've spent my life questioning my choices about everything (apart from my husband!). I was born to be a mama, and I think we're doing a pretty great job.
Hears to 2017, in the hope that it will be as magical as 2016!